Computers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kompjuteri i sve o njima, )

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Error messages and tools to resolve them

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
hinamalay

Error messages and tools to resolve them Empty
PostSubject: Error messages and tools to resolve them   Error messages and tools to resolve them Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 6:51 pm

I want to share with all those who are victim of such long path files
Long path files are those files which have a path having charcters more than the limit allowed by windows,ie approx 200
Whenever we want to change,delete,move,cut,omit,share or install such file windows give error like file is copy write protected,it is used by some other application or user,is blocked etc
First way is to change file name but it dont work
Second way is to delete such file by holding shift but it also dont work
Third way is to use a tool which embeds into core and resolves such long path,there are many tools available both freeware and shareware,here are some with their destination websites:
1.First of all is robocopy which is a tool given by microsoft for copying and xcopying files using command line interface,this robust tool boostes copy procedure but is leaste effective for long path files,i will rate it 1 star
2.Second one is pathlongtool available at pathlong.com,it is rated 2 star because it has limited functionality in case of mapping and changing such files
3.Third one is Long path support Api,this is a complex tool for advanced users having complex accessibilities,i will rate it as 2 star,it is avilable at file32.com
4.Fourth tool is bitchip file gear,it is a file copy gearer which cannot map and delete long path files but is extremely useful in gearing copying of such files,rated as 3 star.It is available at file32.com
5.The most effective and efficient is longpathtool availabe at http://www.longpathtool.com ,it is a small,smart and quick to use software which can be easily downloaded from its site,it has optimum functionality and it can change,search,map from network,omit,copy,install and delete such long path file effectively being rated as 5 star
Back to top Go down
grman

Error messages and tools to resolve them Empty
PostSubject: reply   Error messages and tools to resolve them Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 1:41 pm

I set up mobile me on my new iphone4 and confirmed that find my iphone worked. Then…I enabled it on my old (non active) iPhone3G and confirmed that it also worked. PERFECT! My question is whether this service will still work on my old 3G once I'm out of my wifi area. Going to test it later. And…I'm going to activate it on my wife's new iphone3GS….and then I'll see where she really is! hopefull blu ray to mp4 can solve ithmm…maybe now i can restore my jailbroken ipad 1 since it wont let me restore it as of right now..I'm glad to know that I'm NOT the only one who never downloaded this game (designed for toddlers) My ipod got same problem….no internt connection, try again on news feed…i will too go back to 3.3
Back to top Go down

Error messages and tools to resolve them
Page 1 of 1